For More Information Visit the URL Here - https://app.joblab.com/vacancy/11075
The Post Office Legal Team are responsible for managing all aspects of legal risk, as well as identifying and solving strategic and operational legal issues. This is in order to provide comprehensive and accurate advice to the business on a wide-ranging set of complex issues.
As a Legal Intern, you’ll be reviewing an extensive range of contracts to identify key clauses, and summarising any contractual obligations. You’ll also upload our contracts on to our in-house system. Additionally, you will support our lawyers with legal research as and when required.
To succeed in this role you’ll be able to think logically and laterally – and have an ability to communicate at all levels (including the most senior) in a clear and concise way. You’ll also have a good eye for detail – and able to utilise your strong organisational, diary management and prioritisation skills to support the team with administrative and project support.
The Post Office Legal Team was recognised as one of the top In-House Retail Teams at the Lawyer Awards 2016 – and in this role you’ll gain invaluable insight and experience. This is a great opportunity if you’re looking to develop a career in law or have already completed your law degree – and seeking appropriate work experience to enhance your training contract applications.
The purpose of the role
This purpose of the role is to provide legal, administrative and project support to the Post Office’s Legal Team.
The Legal Team are responsible for managing all aspects of legal risk, identifying and solving strategic and operational legal issues and providing understandable, accurate and timely advice to the business on a very wide-ranging and changing set of complex issues.
The team includes financial services, commercial, litigation, employment, public procurement, competition and property lawyers. In-house expertise is typically complemented by the use of external legal advisers and secondees.
This role would suit candidates are either interested in a career in law or who have already completed their qualifying law degree and are seeking tangible and appropriate work experience to enhance training contract applications.
Key areas of accountability:
• Reviewing an extensive range of contracts, identifying key clauses, and summarising contractual obligations.
• Managing records/contracts ensuring effective and efficient filing and retrieval systems.
• Uploading contracts on to the Bravo system.
• Producing a variety of documents, mail and presentation materials.
• Handling work of a highly confidential and sensitive nature.
• Providing administrative and project support to the members of the legal team.
• Assisting lawyers with legal research.
Dimensions of the role
• Corporate Services Director
• Group Legal Director
• Heads of Legal
Knowledge and skills
• At least educated to A Level standard or equivalent
• A keen interest in Law
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• High level of organisation, diary management and prioritisation skills
• High level of general administrative and data handling skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Effective people management skills
London – Finsbury Dials